Animal Farm Family LLC is a holding company for three rapidly growing e-commerce companies:
- Gorilla Mind (gorillamind.com) - Fitness & health supplements store centering around pre-workout, post-workout, protein, and products to support all fitness goals.
- Happy Hippo (happyhippoherbals.com) - The world’s leading online kratom retailer, along with other popular botanical and herbal supplements.
- Intelligent Shop (intelligent.shop) - A brand new men’s lifestyle products store, creating innovative new products to help men become the best version of themselves.
To support our continued growth and success, we are seeking to expand our team with another Full Stack Developer who can work remotely or in person at our offices in Boise, ID.
- Write efficient, reusable, and reliable code for our website and internal systems.
- Develop and maintain custom components for integration into Shopify theme(s).
- Test, troubleshoot, and debug applications to optimize performance and reliability.
- Design mock-ups and wireframes to refine project layouts prior to development.
- Document code, systems, processes, and update/maintain internal documentation.
- Identify user, system, and functional requirements for new projects and tasks.
- Estimate and prioritize workload, set timelines, assign tasks to team members.
- Coach mentor and assist other developers across multiple projects and teams.
- Participate in code reviews to identify potential issues and share best practices.
Every applicant is expected to have substantial front-end and back-end development experience. Additionally, the ideal candidate for this position has all of the following qualifications:
- Prior experience working as a full stack or web developer.
- Computer science degree or equivalent industry experience.
- Strong understanding of HTML, CSS, and the layout of web pages & applications.
- Experience using Git and an understanding of the GitHub workflow.
- Practiced and experienced in all phases of the software development lifecycle.
- Experience creating schemas, querying, updating, and managing databases.
- Experience with creating and digesting REST or GraphQL APIs.
- Practiced utilizing one of more popular front-end frameworks.
- Experienced with programming in server-side languages, particularly Node.js.
- Strong understanding of security practices and protecting sensitive data.
- Familiarity with responsive design practices and implementation.
- Strong familiarity and practice with using common data structures.
- Ability to understand and design effective and efficient algorithms.
We understand that each candidate has a unique background and experience. The following qualifications are not required but can strengthen the candidacy for applicants:
- Experience developing Shopify themes, apps, and using the Shopify CLI.
- Familiarity with using network and performance diagnostic tools.
- Practiced in agile/scrum development methodology.
- Experience with Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and creating optimized web content.
- Experience creating elegant and effective user experiences and user interfaces (UX/UI).
- Familiarity with web accessibility and experience with creating accessible content.
- Experience using user-interface prototyping tools (Adobe XD, Figma, Framer, etc).
- Experience using Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Understanding and ability to calculate computational and spatial complexity of algorithms (Big-O).
- Awarded relevant industry certifications.
- Friendly, charismatic, positive individual who enjoys working with other people.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Exhibits a strong desire to learn and enhance existing skills.
- Highly creative and enjoys developing solutions for challenging problems.
- Strong attention to detail, focused on creating pixel-perfect experiences.
- Proactively identifies and resolves issues.
- Values integrity, is a self-starter and can be trusted to work independently and remotely.
- Ability and willingness to follow instructions and implement feedback from others.
- Adaptable to a rapidly changing business needs and environment.
- Ability to clearly present information to peers, stakeholders, and groups of individuals.
Compensation is determined by experience and may be subject to a 3-month evaluation period:
- Salary: $95,000 - $130,000 yearly
- Bonus: Discretionary bonuses may be awarded based on performance
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 6 Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Maternity & Paternity Leave
- Employee Discounts
Employee Work Schedule
Full-time employment with an 8-hour shift and 1-hour paid lunch break:
- 8:00am - 5:00pm (Mountain Time)
- Monday - Friday
Animal Farm Family LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will be considered without regard to age, race, religion, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, marital status, or any other status protected under federal, state, and local laws.